When I started Academy Success in 2012, I promised myself that I would do a few things a little bit differently than the conventional personal improvement sites out there.
But it wasn’t just for any reason. It wasn’t because I wanted to be unconventional or because I wanted to be different for the sake of being different.
I wanted to do things differently because I frequented a lot of websites that published personal improvement content, and I saw a quite a few things missing from the vast majority of them.
- They were ad driven content shops – A lot of them were just content shops, publishing anything possible to get them traffic to create ad revenue, whether it helped you or not. I couldn’t stand that then and still can’t now.
- They had no push for action – Many of the articles just ended, without any kind of “next steps for success” advice. This was a cop out, in my opinion.
- There was no one to reach out to – A lot of them hid their writers names, their contact information, and essentially any way for you to get in touch with them. These are supposed to be helpful sites, yet there wasn’t anyone there to help? That never made sense to me.
- They offered no structured training – And a lot of them had no type of structured training available for you to learn on a deeper level. They were scannable commodities whose content could be forgotten in seconds after reading it.
I’m not saying that those sites don’t provide value to an audience. I certainly learned a bit here and there, but eventually it just wasn’t up to snuff with my needs, and my guess is a lot of people that are a lot like me.
So I set out to create that… to find a better way to help people with that same need for personal improvement on a deeper level.
Academy Success – Doing Personal Improvement Differently
So when I started Academy Success, I promised myself that I would run a different type of personal improvement site.
- A site that focused on quality of content rather than ad impression driven volume based content (essentially every post is 1000+ words, some far more)
- A site that would allow you to openly contact me at any time for help (I read every single email and comment personally)
- A site that urges you to take action (I put call to actions at the end of almost every piece of content)
- A site that would offer you a chance to improve your skills on a deeper level (I have multiple courses available, and am always working on more for you.)
- And a site that would make a true tangible difference in your life by helping you with your actual issues based on your input
This set of rules has resulted in the building of a site I can be proud of thus far, that has helped a good number of people already, and is blossoming into something that I believe I can continue to do a lot of good with, and likely on a much larger scale.
I never set out to build a commodity website with shallow and forgettable articles. That’s not what this site is all about.
Get Excited About Yourself
Academy Success is very real to me, and it should be very real to you as well.
When you see messages from me in your inbox:
- I want you to get excited at what you’re going to learn and be able to apply in your life the very next day
- I want you to get excited about the positive results you are going to see as a result of consuming and taking action on that content
- And I want you to feel like you have a mentor and partner in your journey to become a better individual
And it’s because of all of the reasons above, particularly the last reason, that I routinely ask for your input to try to figure out what you are struggling with and how I can help you overcome it.
Because this site is not about me, my ego, and and some personal “run over anyone who gets in the way” mission to take over the world and rake in millions of dollars in ad revenue and affiliate sales.
It’s ultimately about creating the educational content that you want and need, and helping you reach your goals and become a better individual.
So Why Am I Telling You All of This?
Well, one, because I want you to understand why I run Academy Success the way that I do, and two, I want you to understand that I genuinely do care that you are successful.
But the fact is, that is only going to happen for you if you are willing to work hard, to educate yourself, and to take action to be better. Education alone will not solve your issues.
So if you do want someone on your side and care about how you progress as a person, take 60 seconds and answer a few questions for me here. I promise to read every single response and help with every problem I possibly can.
If not, no hard feelings, but I encourage you to unsubscribe and go read the other types of websites that I mention above, because Academy Success is probably not for you.