Hi. I’m Cody Wheeler. And this is my life listed. In other words, my living bucket list. Actually, it’s my Life List.
You only live once, right? Sounds cliche, but it’s absolutely true. You don’t have to aspire to jump out of a plane and travel the world like me, but you should at least write some things down that you want to do in your lifetime. BEFORE you have spent the best years of your life working and slaving away. That’s the key difference between a Life List, and a Bucket List.
A Life List is something you do while you still have the life to enjoy it. A Bucket List is just stuff you do “before you die.”
I don’t know about you, but I’d rather do cool and exciting things while I still have some life left in me, not while I’m probably in poor health and worried about if I have enough money left for retirement.
Whatever these things might be, these are the goals that will drive you to keep bettering yourself every single day – a key principle of Academy Success.
Otherwise, why the hell are you here?
One final note – Even though this page is public, it is still in the works. I’ll be adding through it throughout 2012, so don’t judge me just yet!
Receive a Bachelor’s Degree Receive an Master’s Degree in Business Administration Write a book (x2)
- Become a published author (self-publishing does not count)
- Gross six figures of income in a 12 month period
- Generate 1,000,000 visits on a single website (that I own)
Run a legitimate business (minimum $100k annual revenue) Start a scholarship fund for aspiring achievers Establish a six figure net worth
- Establish a seven figure net worth
Experience the World
A lot of people want to see the world, but I’d like to experience the world. Not only do I want to see some of the most amazing things on the planet, travel to every continent, and see the world’s most historic cities, but I’d also like to experience their awesomeness while I’m there.
- Climb the statue of Liberty stairs in New York City
- See the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
Have a beer in Victoria, B.C. Take a picture of Mount Rainier from the Seattle Space Needle
- Drink a Boston Lager in Boston
- Take a photo of the Hoover Dam
- Bet $500 on a single hand in Vegas (and hopefully win)
See a show in Vegas Go to Disney World Take a of the Empress Hotel in Victoria
- Watch a baseball game at Wrigley Field
- Watch a baseball game at Fenway Park
Learn to surf in Costa Rica
- Ride a camel in the desert of Egypt
- Touch one of the Great Pyramids (will they let you do that? If not a picture will suffice)
- Camp on a glacier of Antarctica – a cruise ship is also acceptable
- See a wild penguin or polar bear
- Take a sword lesson from a Samurai
- Eat a bowl of rice in Japan
- Traverse at least a mile of the Great Wall of China
- Pet a Kangaroo or Koala Bear
- See the Great Barrier Reef
- Take a photo from the top of the Eiffel Tower
- Drink a beer in Germany
- Eat real Italian food in Rome
- Take a boat ride in Venice
- Smoke marijuana in Amsterdam
- Listen to the chimes of Big Ben in London
- See the Wimbeldon club
Attend Awesome Events
There are so many awesome parties and events that happen in this amazing world we live in. If I had to pick a few that are feasible for me to go to, these would be them.
Go to the Indy 500
- Place a $100 bet at the Kentucky Derby
- Attend the NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four
- Go to Bonnaroo
- Attend Mardi Gras
- Celebrate New Years’ Eve in Times Square
- More to come…
Feats of a Physical Nature
I consider myself to be an athlete of sorts. Health and fitness will always be a part of my life. In order for me to stay in shape, I must continue to challenge myself athletically. Some of these aren’t that hard, some are. Also, note that I’m non-muscular skinny dude
Perform a handstand pushup Dunk a basketball
- Learn to snowboard
Hit a golf ball 300 yards Rock a six-pack
- Perform a regulation rings muscle-up
- Dead-lift 250 pounds
Bench-press 200 pounds
- Squat 200 pounds
- Run a sub 7-minute mile
- Do a backflip (and land on my feet)
- Jump out of a plane
- Go bungee jumping
- Go ziplining
- Break an ice block like on Karate Kid
Other Cool Stuff That Deserves Mentioning
Meet an amazing woman and marry her
- Have a son and teach him everything I know
Ride a motorcycle Learn to count cards
- Ride in a NASCAR (hopefully drive it)
- Write a real rap song (why? I don’t know)
- Become someone’s mentor
- Become someone’s protege
Credit to fellow online marketer and life-lister Danny Dover for the inspiration to put this list together. After you’ve read mine, check out his to be much more impressed.